The Landmark of Cozumel is the ideal spot to host your family and friends as you exchange I do’s on our private Caribbean beach. Destination weddings are on the rise for many reasons. Many couples are planning destination weddings to save money, costing on average $20,000 less than traditional weddings. As you plan your special event here are 10 reasons Destination Wedding Magazine gives for choosing a Destination Wedding Getaway:
10 Reasons to Have a Destination Wedding
Destination Weddings and Honeymoons Magazine
At some point in the planning process, every engaged couple entertains the idea of having a destination wedding — after all, who doesn’t get excited at the prospect of going somewhere gorgeous and unique to exchange vows? But at the same time, it can be daunting — can you actually pull off a destination do? Will your loved ones be supportive? If you find yourselves debating “should we or shouldn’t we?” or needing to convince some VIGs (very important guests) to embrace your decision, we’ve got help. Here are 10 fantastic reasons to take your big day on the road.
1. You can say I do anywhere! A destination wedding is defined as marrying at least 100 miles from where the bride currently lives. So imagine the options that definition opens up for you — the world really is your playground.
2. You’ll stand out from the pack. More than 2 million American couples wed every year — and fewer than 20 percent of them have destination dos. Bonus: Wed away, and you won’t have to choose from the same old hometown spots all your friends have booked.
3. It’s easier. Many wedding-worthy resorts offer free planning help to couples, whether the event is for two or 200, and an abundance of packages keeps things simple while still giving options to customize. Want something more involved? Turn to an independent planner who specializes in more elaborate events.
4. You can save on decor. With a destination wedding in a stunning setting, your location of choice supplies the theme, from castle fairy tale to sea-inspired soiree. And when you choose an amazing backdrop, it doesn’t take much to dress it up. Opt for a pristine beach, a tidy vineyard, a blooming garden or a historic plantation house furnished with graceful antiques, and you’ll be more than covered with a few simple florals and other modest accents.
5. Enjoy quality time with loved ones. The standard wedding lasts for five hours, and the bride and groom spend most of that time running from table to table, trying to say hello to everyone. A destination do spans a minimum of three days — which means, now that you’ve finally gotten your nearest and dearest together, you can actually spend quality time with them! Hooray!
Contact The LandMark of Cozumel to begin planning your perfect destination wedding.